Boneless/with bone chicken 500 gms
Salt as required
Maida 2 tbsp.
Cornflour 2 tbsp.
Red chilly powder 1 tbsp.
Tomato ketchup 1 tsp.
Soya sauce 1 tsp.
Red chilly sauce 1 tsp.
Oil for deep frying
- First we will start with the marination. In a bowl take the cleaned chicken pieces. In this add all the ingredients except oil. Add salt, maida, cornflour, red chilly powder, tomato ketchup, soya sauce, rec chilly sauce and egg.
- Mix all the ingredients really well so that no lumps are formed by maida and cornflour. At this point you can also add red food colour if you wish to. I do not prefer using the colour.
- Close and let the chicken marinate for 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
- In a kadai heat oil for deep frying on medium low flame. If the flame is high the chicken will burn and not cook inside.
- Once the oil is hot add the marinated chicken pieces one by one. Do not over crowd the oil.
- Keep turning over the chicken so that it cooks evenly on all sides and gets even colour. Chicken will take maximum of 3-4 minutes to cook.
- Once cooked drain out the excess oil and take out the chicken in a kitchen towel.
- Similarly fry the remaining.
- Enjoy the hot chicken kebab with salad on the side. This is a great party dish as you can marinate the chicken in advance and when guests arrive serve them hot chicken kebab.
You can watch the detailed video for the recipe on my YouTube channel.