“Soya Ragi Kabab” is a tasty and healthy kabab recipe which can be a perfect starter or a snack. This recipe is made by mincing the soya chunks, adding veggies to make it healthy and using Ragi for binding the kababs. These kababs can be deep fried or shallow fried both of which tastes equally good. This recipe can also be used to make patty for a burger and it tastes amazing with mayo and cheese in the burger.
Soya chunks 1 cup
Green peas ¼ cup boiled and mashed
Capsicum ¼ cup chopped
Carrot ¼ cup grated
Ragi Flour ¼ cup
Potato 1 boiled and mashed
Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste 1 tsp
Salt as required
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Oil as required
Cornflour 2 tbsp (Only if required)
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water for 20 minutes. Squeeze out all the water and mince it in the blender.
- Take a large bowl, in this add the minced soya chunks, mashed green peas, chopped capsicum, carrot grated, ragi flour, mashed potato, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, salt, red chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- If the mixture is moist and does not hold shape of a cutlet then add cornflour into the mixture and mix well.
- Shape the kababs as per your liking.
- You can either deep fry or shallow fry the kababs. Both tastes equally good. Heat the oil for frying and then fry the kababs till they are golden and crispy.
- Serve the hot vegetable soya ragi kababs with coriander mint chutney.
You can watch video for the recipe on my YouTube channel.