Afghani chicken is very simple to prepare but tastes delicious as it has a very rich & creamy gravy. You just need to add all the ingredients except oil into the chicken and marinate. Then fry the chicken and cook it in the marinade. That’s it!! You can make it with gravy to have it with roti or naan else you can add boneless pieces & make it dry to have it as a starter. In today’s recipe we are going to see the gravy version of afghani chicken.
Onion – 1
Garlic – 10-12
Ginger – 1 inch
Green chilli – 2
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Salt – as required
Lemon – ½
Pepper poeder – ½ tsp
Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Chat masala – ½ tsp
Curd – ½ cup
Fresh cream – ¼ cup
Oil – 3 tbsp
- First, grind onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies & coriander leaves into a fine paste with little water.
- In a bowl take the cleaned chicken. Add the ground masala, salt, lemon, pepper powder, kasuri methi, garam masala, chat masala, curd & cream.
- Mix all the ingredients well with the chicken and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pan add oil. Now take out the chicken pieces from the marinade and fry them on both sides on medium high flame for 2-3 minutes on each side till you get a nice golden brown colour.
- Once all the chicken pieces are fried, add all of it in the same pan and now add all the marinade into it.
- If you want more gravy then you can add around 1 cup of water at this stage. Mix it well with the fried chicken.
- Cover the chicken and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on medium low flame until the chicken is cooked. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the gravy is thickened with oil separated on top, turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with coriander leaves sprinkled on top along with some roti and salad.