This post shows an easy & quick chicken starter recipe “Lemon Chicken”. This tangy & spicy starter is made with boneless chicken and minimum amount of spices. The boneless pieces are marinated with lemon juice & other ingredients for few minutes, shallow fried and then coated with the prepared lemon sauce.
Boneless chicken 300 gms.
Salt as required
Soya sauce 2 tsp.
Egg white 1
Pepper powder ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
Maida 2 tbsp.
Cornflour 1 tbsp. + 1tsp.
Oil as required
Onion sliced 1
Capsicum sliced 1 small
Green chillies 3
Garlic 1 tsp. chopped
- Cut the boneless chicken into long strips.
- Add salt, ½ lemon juice, pepper powder, egg white, 1 tsp. of soya sauce.
- Mix well & let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder for colour, maida & 1 tbsp. of cornflour.
- Mix it well so that all chicken pieces are well coated.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tsp. of oil and shallow fry the chicken pieces in batches.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked and starts getting a brown colour.
- Keep the fried chicken pieces aside. In the same pan heat add 1 tbsp. of oil. Add chopped garlic and green chillies. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions and fry till translucent.
- Add the sliced capsicum and for 2-3 minutes till it soften a bit.
- Add juice of ½ lemon, 1 tsp. soya sauce and a little salt. Mix well.
- Now make a cornflour slurry by mixing 1 tsp. of cornflour in ½ cup of water. Add this slurry into the fried onion mixture.
- Keep stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried chicken pieces into the sauce and mix well so that all the chicken pieces are well coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot.