In this post we are going to see how to make winter special wheat ladoo well known as Punjabi pinni. This ladoo is specially made in the winter season as it helps in keeping the body warm & provides energy due to the ingredients such as Ghee, Gond or edible gum & dry fruits. It also is a great superfood for postpartum or post delivery for women who are breast feeding. Gond is very effective in providing strength to the body & reducing any back or joint pain.
Ghee 1 cup + 2 tbsp.
Wheat Flour 2 cups
Edible gum or gond ¼ cup
Almonds ¼ cup
Cashews ¼ cup
Pistachios 2 tbsp.
Raisins 2 tbsp.
White sesame seeds 1 tbsp.
Sugar ¾ cup
Green cardamom 3
Dry Ginger Powder 1 tsp.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds on low flame for 1-2 minutes & keep aside.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee in the pan and fry edible gum or gond till it puffs up & becomes light golden colour. Take it out & keep aside.
- In the remaining ghee in pan roast the dry fruits- Almons, Cashews, Pistachios & Raisins for 2 minutes till the raisins puff up.
- Let the gond & dry fruits cool down completely & then grind them coarsely.
- In a blender, grind the sugar & green cardamom together to a fine powder.
- In the same pan add 1 cup ghee.
- Add the wheat flour into it. Roast on low flame for 20 – 25 minutest till the flour becomes smooth, dark in colour & starts releasing ghee.
- Once done let it rest till it is slightly warm.
- Add the powdered gond, dry fruits, roasted sesame seeds & dry ginger powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Combine the powdered sugar into the ladoo mixture.
- Take small portion of the mixture & shape them into ladoos.
- Enjoy the ladoos throughout the winter.